Monday 27 January 2014

Pork Meatballs

A lot has happened since my last entry.

After 6 years of living, cooking and eating together, it was time to say bye-bye to M. who left for new ventures last Summer.

The household is now composed by J, myself and our parasite ;) who should be fully baked by June.

We now live in a tiny (ridiculous small) one bedroom flat, with the tiniest kitchen I've ever had to deal with...
To say cooking has become extremely challenging is an understatement! Still, we persevere... But I must admit that my kitchen is so dysfunctional, I no longer have the same willpower to cook and experiment.

Another thing that really pisses me off, are my economic lightbulbs, who (supposedly) help to keep electricity bills low... But on the other hand, turns my pictures this awful shade of yellow! (I've literally given up taking photos indoors - so I've been lazy and whenever I want to snap something, I just use my phone/tablet... To be honest, I don't even know where my camera is since we moved!)

Anyway, I thought I should stop procrastinating and update Yummo!

So today, we made pork meatballs.

Pork meatballs

Here's what I used (please be aware that most of the given measures are 'eye-o-metered' and are not precise)
  • 2 onions (diced as thinly as you possibly can)
  • Olive oil (about 3 generous tablespoons)
  • Bay leaf
  • 750 g minced pork
  • Parsley (I used dried for convenience)
  • Garlic (I used granules)
  • 2 eggs
  • Salt and pepper
  • Fine breadcrumbs (about 5 tablespoons)
  • Smoked paprika
  • Vegetable oil spray

In a large frying pan, fry the onion with olive oil, garlic, bay leaf and parsley until onion is cooked and soft.

Place the onion in a bowl and let it cool down.

Once the onion is cool, add the minced pork, eggs, smoked paprika, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Mix ingredients with your hands, and check if the mix holds well together. If it's not gluing, just add an extra egg (you might need to add more breadcrumbs if the mix becomes too soggy).

Mould meatballs and place them on a tray, previously sprayed with vegetable oil.

Pork meatballs

Cover with cling film and place in fridge for at least 15 minutes.

Re-heat the frying pan and spray some vegetable oil. When hot, place meatballs and let them cook, turning them frequently. Make sure they're cooked throughout. 

I almost cremated mine to ensure they were totally cooked... 

Let me know if you have a go ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment