Saturday 8 December 2012

Sausage Roast Dinner

I fancied a roast dinner, but didn't really have any nice meat to roast (and we all went a bit overboard with our Christmas shopping, so we need to watch the pennies!) - so sausage roast dinner it was!

What I used:

  • Sausages (I used 12 Richmond thick)
  • Potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Parsnips
  • Salt/Pepper
  • Honey
  • Olive Oil
  • Vegetable Oil
  • Frozen Yorkshire pudding
  • Gravy Granules (I used Bisto - Favourite)

First I peeled the potatoes and put them in a pan with cold salty water.

Then I peeled and cut the carrots and parsnips and placed them on a tray. Add salt and pepper, drizzle of olive oil and honey. Bang them in the oven - preheated at 190ºC.

Sausage Dinner

The potatoes should be just starting to boil by now - let them be for about 6 minutes (don't let them cook completely!!)

Drain the potatoes and place them on a baking tray, pour a bit of vegetable oil over them and give them a shake to make sure they get coated with the oil.

Sausage Dinner

Put the tray in the oven (potatoes on the top shelf, vegetables on the bottom) - let it roast for 20 minutes.

It's time to add the sausages. I didn't season these, I just took them out of the package and placed them straight onto the oven dish.

Shake the potatoes and vegetables.

Sausage Dinner

Roast for 15 minutes, then turn the sausages (and shake the other trays if you are inclined).
Give it another 15 minutes... everything should be cooked!

If your potatoes, veg and sausages need a bit more colour, increase oven temperature (to 220ºC) and roast for a further 10 minutes.

I added my frozen yorkshire puddings when there were 4 minutes remaining.

While you wait for the final minutes of roasting to be done - prepare your gravy.

Dish everything up and pour the gravy on top.

Sausage Dinner


Hmmm... yummo!


No comments:

Post a Comment